How to check coverage and fill prescriptions
Before you fill your prescriptions, take a look at your coverage to find out which prescription drugs and pharmacies are covered by your plan.
Find a network pharmacy
If you’re a member, go to myuhc.com to find the most updated pharmacy list for your plan.
If you're an Oxford member, learn how to find a pharmacy using the Oxford Pharmacy Network
You can also view a general list of pharmacies using the OptumRx Pharmacy Network Search
Are your prescriptions covered?
To see which prescription drugs are covered, you can view a Prescription Drug List (PDL), which is a list of prescription drugs that are covered by a plan.
- If you have your health plan ID card, you can view the PDL for your plan on myuhc.com
- If you don’t have your health plan ID card, you won't be able to view your specific coverage yet, but you can view a general PDL list.
PDL changes happen frequently, so be sure to check it often to make sure you have the most updated information.
Find your PDL under the Pharmacies and Prescriptions section on myuhc.com You can call the number on your ID card if you need help signing in.
How to fill your prescriptions
You can fill your prescriptions by mail delivery or at a covered pharmacy.
Filling your prescriptions by mail may help you save money and time.
- Order up to a 3-month supply of medication you take regularly with most plans. Get your prescription drugs delivered right to your home.
- Sign up for mail delivery on myuhc.com, by using the UnitedHealthcare® app or by calling the number on your ID card.
- There’s no charge for standard shipping to U.S. addresses. If you have medications you’re currently taking, be sure you have a 1-month supply on hand while you transition to home delivery.
Common pharmacy terms
A requirement that your doctor explains why you need a certain medication before your plan decides how and if it will be covered.
The largest amount of medication your plan will cover per copayment or period of time.
When your plan requires you to try one or more medications before approving coverage for a different one.
Medications used to treat complex or rare conditions that you may need to get from a specialty pharmacy.
Or download the app.
Here are a few tips to help you manage your medication costs easily.
The UnitedHealthcare® app is available for download for iPhone® or Android™. iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. Apple, App Store and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc.